This article covers how to set up free, self-renewing SSL certificates for you IIS hosted websites
- Download Win-acme for windows
- Run it
- Select Create New Certificate
- Select Single Binding of an IIS Site
- You will then be presented with a list of websites you have registered in IIS. Pick the one for your site
- Your certificate will then be produced and automatically be set to your site.
- Important: if you have IIS serving more than one site, then you need to ensure all sites are pointing towards the same IP Address in each sites bindings and also Require Server Name Indication is ticked. If you have mixed values in the IP Address field (e.g. “All unasigned” for one site and a static IP for another) then your browser certification check will fail.
Win-acme automatically updates the certificate so you can just leave it to look after itself!